B Belly

@forevereternal I’m 20 weeks and it’s so crazy that the top of my stomach is hard and the bottom is just there. When I lay down and feel my stomach it is hard around my belly button but that’s it.

@forevereternal My first pregnancy I had the most perfect belly, unfortunately after birth I was left with an apron. So now during my second pregnancy I definitely have the flabby bottom. It’s hard to find tops long enough to cover. Hoping mine rounds out more as well. I’m 25 weeks. Solidarity.

@forevereternal I had a B belly for my whole pregnancy and I really only looked pregnant (and not just bigger) once I hit the last month of pregnancy. I was 31 weeks at Thanksgiving and half of my extended family didn’t realize until I told them. It sucked. I definitely relate!

On the plus side, I never felt more comfortable with and proud of my body as I have during my pregnancy. And after delivery even more so. It is/was so nice to appreciate my body for once.

@forevereternal I basically have the same numbers as you except I'm 5'4" and 30 weeks. My belly started rounding out a few weeks ago. I guess about 5 weeks ago give or take. But now I definitely look pregnant. But at 23 weeks, it was still a B belly and I was feeling the same way as you. Just give it a little bit longer!

@forevereternal I totally understand! I just hit 23 weeks today and still rocking a b belly.

I think it’s gradually getting rounder but when I look at myself in the mirror without clothes I feel like it could just be that I’m overweight except for the shape of the top of my belly which now starts under my boobs and certainly never did, even when I was heavier than now.

I’m hoping it will round out in the next couple weeks but most days I wear maternity underwear that go over the bump and full panel maternity pants. This helps round it out quite a bit. Then I pair it with a flowy top that accentuates the top of the bump but doesn’t hug the bottom. There are cheap options on Amazon. I feel like unless I pull the fabric towards my belly you can’t really see the shape of it and you can tell I’m pregnant.

Either way, I hope you can feel good about your body. While I am sometimes self conscious about the shape of my bump and I’m trying to wear clothes to make myself feel good about it, I feel like being pregnant is the happiest I’ve ever felt with my body. I’ve had body issues most of my life and now I get to feel this amazing experience and know my body is capable of this wonderful thing. It’s been pretty special for me to experience this shift in body image and I hope it lasts.

Back