Are sleepovers at Grandparents normal for children 1 - 2 years old

jackstack

My wife is of the opinion that it would be uncommon for a child of my sons age (13 months) to sleep over at her mums on a regular basis, say 2 to 3 times a month.

Grandma currently babysits 4 out of 5 days of the week, is late 50's, lives 20 mins away and has a spare room set up with cot.

Id personally love to get a break every now and again, to go on a date night, or even have some time to myself, wife seems to think it would be abnormal for him to sleepover and is very reluctant given his age.

Anyway, I'm respectful of her choice, but curious on other people's perspectives on what is 'normal'.

@thetruthopensminds We had 3 under 2 with a set of twins and as soon as the older brother got to be highly mobile it was over for grandma and grandpa to watch them all overnight.

That being said, both grandparents sets do/did overnights often with single babies or the twins at that age. It’s good bonding time for the babies and grandparents, good for kids to work on separation stuff overnight. And good for bonding time for parents.

Back