Anyone else having fun explaining to their partner why you bought x,y, & z?

richardsamuel69

I’m now 21+4, and my anatomy scan went great. So, I’m now buying everything we need (leaving a lot of little stuff for the baby shower), and my husband is getting overwhelmed.

I first bought an Uppababy Ridge stroller (Jogger), and then today I bought the Uppababy Minu V2 ( compact travel) stroller. OMG my husband’s face while I told him I got the second stroller (completely confused)…. “But you got that other stroller, why would you need another one? Doesn’t the big one do everything we need it to???”

I have plenty of examples, but I’m just curious if other people on here have partners that don’t have a clue what babies need or what will make life easier having?

Thanks!

Edit: WOW thanks for downvoting! I’d hope if you had issue with my post (no clue why) that you’d simply move on. Feeling the support /s

@richardsamuel69 The example you gave was that you purchased a $600 stroller and also purchased a $400 stroller. I would ask why you need 2 expensive strollers as well. It’s your money and you are free to spend it how you see appropriate, but that would also be my reaction. For $600 I would expect a stroller to do everything you need.

@godschild619 I wouldn’t want to bring the Ridge on a flight. We average 3 flights a year, and the compact Minu will be perfect for taking baby to Washington DC to see the museums. The Ridge will be perfect for baby when we go camping in the Badlands.

@jc4life12 The Ridge is a large jogging stroller. We do a lot of activities on gravel and grass terrain (festivals and camping). On the flip side, we average 3 flights a year, so a compact stroller is needed, which is what the Minu is.

@realist86 Regular size strollers can be a real pain when travelling. I have cybex Priam and we tried travelling with it but recently gave up on that. You can fold it but it’s heavy and big, we had problem fitting it into the car with our luggage, especially when we were travelling by taxi between hotels and airports. At the airport, it was also not the easiest one to fold and each time we went through security, we needed to remove the wheels etc. Now we want to buy a compact stroller that you can actually take with you on the board like yoyo zen.

@justadad You, I’m not messing with that. We are light travelers, and the travel stroller I bought collapses with one hand, and has a carrying strap. Once I played with it at the store, I knew we had to have it. It’s so small we can keep it in our daily car for unexpected situations that require a stroller.

Back