Analysis Paralysis

lovedbycreator

So my babe is about to outgrow my newborn Grovia AIO stash. We’ve had quite a time with Grovia’s, from excessive leaking to less excessive (but still frequent leaking). I think I can find a better fit for our next stash, but I cannot decide what to get!

I bought some bum geniuses, Grovia O.N.E.s and ensemblys secondhand. I like the esemblys and bum geniuses okay, not a huge fan of the Grovia’s. I am too indecisive and overwhelmed by the options online… can someone just tell me what to buy for my stash?😭

Preferences:
-babe has skinny legs, so I’ll need adjustable legs holes
-for ease of use with other caretakers, nothing that has complicated folding involved
-can be used from now until potty training

If there is something that fits that bill, there is no budget.

Thanks I’m advance for saving me from 30 more hours of diaper research!

@lovedbycreator We loved Charlie Banana for our skinny leg long baby (who is almost 3 now and can still wear them for night use. We just use prefolds for stuffing most of the time instead of their inserts).

The leg elastics are a little bit of a pain to adjust as they're inside and adjust like a bra strap (use a fork tine!), but that gives you great customizing along with the leg snaps. I think it also makes them look more trim as they're cut a little narrower and don't have the rise snaps like other one size brands. Plus side: I'm not sure I've adjusted them in the last year and they aren't maxed out yet.

@lovedbycreator Feel free to come back and ask any questions if you need troubleshooting with them. We started with used ones where some were so old that the elastic adjustment were buttons and gradually replaced with new ones whenever they had a good sale (black Friday and earth day plus when they end of lifed a pattern)

I tried other brands (mama koala, bumgenius, Thirsties, best bottom/buttons, and rumparooz), but we ultimately went all in on CB as we never had leaks with them or issues with daycare. Had an active stash of probably 40+ that are 2-2.5 years old now and still in great shape even using bleach and hot water in probably the majority of the first washes and not washing as frequently as some would recommend. We've transitioned over to their training pants for all but overnights now and do the diapers only for overnight now.

We stuff with GMD prefolds or flour sack towels (FST) 75% of the time and have some hemp boosters and GMD cotton boosters-- they like to wrinkle up so I didn't tend to use them by without something to keep them flat. After the first couple months, if we used the CB inserts, we'd double them up for absorbency or at least add something else to boost.

Back