A couple baby wearing questions…

1. My baby always spits up a lot when I first put him in the carrier. Like, enough that I have to take him out and change both of our outfits every time. Is this normal?
  2. How long does it usually take for your baby to settle and fall asleep in the carrier? Mine can vary anywhere from like 3 minutes to sometimes up to 20 minutes but he always eventually falls asleep. He never cries but will squirm and squirm. Is that normal? I’m pretty sure my fit is okay, when i go through the checklist everything is checked off and once he does fall asleep he’ll be out for a solid 1.5-2.5 hours.
ETA he’s 9 weeks, about 16lb (not a typo) and I have him either in a Sakura bloom scout or a wildbird ring sling. It’s the same in either carrier.

@confusedbuthopeful Mine’s 10 weeks and we usually do a boba wrap. I think the pressure on her tummy makes the milk come up more than otherwise, but I usually just wipe it down with a baby wipe and continue with our plans (my oversized winter jacket covers most of it haha!)

She used to fall asleep within 10 minutes of being out and about but today apparently we decided we’d rather observe. Sooo I’m wondering if today was a fluke or if this is the beginning of the end of the consistent wrap nap (yikes)!

@confusedbuthopeful Both of those things sound very normal to me. For probably the first few months, my kiddo immediately spat up when worn. Eventually it stopped. Time to sleep has varied from birth - just like every other time they go to sleep! It really just seems to depend.