A car for a giant family of giants

pt8214

We're expecting twins. We already have a 6 year old and a 2 year old. But our current car is a hyundai i20. We were planing on going bigger anyway but now we need to fit e.v.e.r.y.b.o.d.y. in the car. We're all gigantic. I'm 6 feet (180cm) tall, my husband is bigger and broader than me, our 6 year old gets mistaken for a 10 year old and our 2 year old is about the weight of a 5 year old and size of a 4 year old.

I think we should just get a mini-bus (8-12 seater) and take heavy duty licences to be able to drive it legally where we live but my husband is holding out hope for a 7 seater we could all fit in for the next 5 years.

All reccommendations are welcome.

@pt8214 We got a Toyota Highlander this year to prepare for twins. It’s definitely roomy. When all three rows are up though there isn’t much room for storage in the back. The second row are captain seats though.

@pt8214 Minivan! My husband is a giant and we got the Honda Odyssey. I love it, he doesn’t hit his head on the roof, and has plenty of room for his legs. We are also expecting twins!

@pt8214 I don’t have experience with giants, as we cram our family of 5 into our Prius V or Toyota Highlander. But I’d consider something like a Transit van or Sprinter van if you like to hit the road a lot. If you’re mostly driving around town, then a minivan or large SUV (Tahoe, Escalade sized) would probably work just fine.

@pt8214 We got a bus, we are a family of 10 with only 3 of us under the 6 ft mark. I'm 4'9 and we have a 6 month old and almost 2 year old. On the bright side our bus seats 25 so I can pack all of my kids, all of my sister in laws kids and the kids I take to/ from school in our area. I love my 2015 Ford Goshen and it is fairly easy to drive.