6 month feeding schedule?

katieheals

What is/was your feeding schedule for your 6 month old with 3 naps? I’m trying to figure out a sweet spot. It’s currently:

7am: wake and feed 5-6oz
7:45am: finish the rest of the bottle if she doesn’t eat all 6oz
8:50am: small topper before hopefully 1.5hr nap
10:30am: feed 5-6oz
11:15am finish the rest of the bottle is she doesn’t eat all 6oz
12:40pm: small topper before hopefully 1.5hr nap
2:30pm: feed 5-6oz
5:30pm: feed 5-6oz
7:15pm: feed 5-6oz

I will note that I actually make a 4oz bottle fresh and top it to 6oz with an overflow bottle from the fridge so it’s not technically a “real” 6oz. I feel like I’m making this schedule up so I’d love to know what you’ve seen or read and what works for you! Thanks!

@katieheals We did a 6.5 ounce bottle before each nap, plus an 8 ounce bottle before bedtime, and because she wasn’t night weaned, a small bottle overnight. She only reliably drank before nap time, so we started bottles about 45 minutes before the nap and finished whatever was left as part of the nap routine. That significantly cut down on waste and how often we’d go back and forth with the bottle. I didn’t do a bottle when she woke up because she usually wouldn’t drink, no matter how long it had been since her last. Maybe you could try to consolidate bottles. I mean this respectfully but it sounds exhausting to do as many as you do and to keep going back til they’re finished. We try once, she drinks what she drinks, and the rest is for nap time.

@emmanuelkagie It IS exhausting! I dunno if she has a small stomach but she’s starving but can’t/wont drink more than about 5oz at a time. When she wakes up from either overnight or a nap she WANTS a bottle so I can’t wait. Maybe I’ll just do a smaller first bottle when she wakes and a larger bottle before a nap.