4w4d bHCG - hopeful

yommie

I’ve had two miscarriages in the past 6 months, and I’m currently in my third pregnancy.

First pregnancy : 6w4d my HCG was 2126. I miscarried at 7w.

Second pregnancy : 7w5d my HCG was 3882. I miscarried at 8w4d.

This pregnancy, my doctor is getting me in a whole bunch to check my HCG. Yesterday at 4w3d my HCG was 1479.

Is this a good sign? Or is it possible that my HCG was just as high at this point in my last two pregnancies and we just didn’t catch it early enough to tell? I’m back in on Friday (4w6d) for another draw, and then we’ll do the same next week (check Tuesday and Friday). I’m having more symptoms this time around. Idk what to even think at this point.

@yommie It is impossible to tell what your hcg was doing at that time for your other pregnancies. It could have been coming down by the time you got those draws. It could have started strong and then limped along. So no conclusion can be drawn comparing them.

You can take heart that this is a new embryo, a new pregnancy, and that is a very good start for 17dpo(your title is different than body)!

Best of luck 💕

@yommie The important detail is the doubling time, not the actual first number, with my first miscarriage I was 3k and lost it but betas were not doubling at all, same with my second miscarriage, they were increasing by 10% every 48 hours

Back