35 with a 16 year old and pregnant!!

milkywaymercy

Oh my God I can’t even believe I’m writing this. I was a single mom my 16 year old sons whole life. I stayed single and never lived with a man because my son was my whole focus. About 2 years ago I met someone younger (26) who was everything I didn’t know I needed and he moved in about 6 months ago. Well… surprise, I’m 6 weeks pregnant. BF’s mom is constantly telling me she wants a grand baby. We haven’t told her. Haven’t told my son. I can’t believe I’m going to be starting over again. BF is in shock and looking to me to emotionally walk him through this and I just can’t. I don’t know what to think or feel. Mostly I feel guilty because I’d be a better mom this time than I was to my son because I was young and alone and it feels unfair.

My God I can’t believe this.

@milkywaymercy I couldn’t date dudes in their twenties when i was in my twenties, let alone now in my thirties, so I can’t relate to that part. However, met husband at 35, was pregnant at 36. At the time of birth, my other two were 11 and 16.

I’m 6 months pp now. Baby has been boycotting sleep for two months. This has been way more exhausting now than in my twenties, that’s for sure.

@milkywaymercy My husband and I have a 12 and 14 year old. Baby number 3 is due in August. I was less than thrilled upon finding out - worried A LOT about how a new addition would affect my older 2. But here we are - about to start all over again while raising teens and hoping for the best. 😬