3 months - 6 months. What I wasn't told about

@peach79 Re: missing football games

Invest in a tivo or other DVR. My tivo boxes will pay for themselves in about 3 years and it's so much nicer than just being able to watch what's on or use flaky on demand services. I catch half my cfb games on Sunday morning or just stay them late and fast forward through the commercials.

Great for my kids too as I can put on whatever they want, and pause it to get their attention if they're not listening or misbehaving.

@peach79 My little one is 7 weeks now, I'll keep these points in mind.

Funny fact while on pat leave, I gamed more with my little one then I did before, go figure, now I'm back to work and its dropped again

@peach79 our 1st is 2.5 yrs, and 2nd is 6 months now, here is what i noticed,
  • teething: does suck, but baby orajel, and for whatever reason, those teething necklaces have seemed to work for us... or at least we notice when we took it off, they woke up more at night, so go figure? im still on the fence about those, but wife believes in them.
  • visitors : slows down a ton, now it seems like just family (good)
  • holidays: they get all kinds of useless shit, now house has more clutter than ever
  • college football: cant comment since its 0 importance here, but tv/movie/video game time really decreases a lot
  • dinner: depends on your child bed time, ours starts at 7 (usually ends near 8), im not waiting til then to eat dinner
  • appetites: at first i notice they'd eat most everything, but quickly pick favorites
  • photos: with phones, you have hundreds, and rarely look at them. get the ones you like devloped and put in frames
  • poop: never had an issue until getting close to solid food, to me it smelled sour, and was counting down the days until 'real poo' smell. also, i found blowouts seemed to happen more frequent when its time to go up a size in diapers
  • expensive: save $$ by using local buy and sells, used clothing stores, etc. dont waste money on fancy outfits from the gap. the real expense is daycare
  • 2 hours flying by and enjoying every minute... be honest here, you cannot enjoy 2 hours of a screaming baby, you're a human