3 m/o drooling like crazy

illtone

Anybody else experiencing this? I don’t think she could possibly be teething yet, but man, the droolZzz… glad I have a laundry machine

@illtone Yea, my baby started drooling a tonnnn around 3 months. Now 4.5 months and still going strong with the drool, with the added bonus that she sucks on her hands all the time so they’re nice and slimy too haha!

In all seriousness, watch for drool rash on her neck - we wiped it clean and patted it dry, and applied a generous layer of Aquaphor in the morning and at bedtime.

@illtone Mine did this. It wasn’t teething. He didn’t start teething till 4.5months. Shortly after he started drooling a lot, he started babbling like crazy. He can sit there and have a 10 minute convo with us lol.

@illtone Yeah this is when both of mine got drooly. It doesn't necessarily mean teeth will come soon, salivary glands ramp up production as part of development of the digestive system--getting ready to eat food. And they are learning to bring hands and items into their mouth which can trigger more drool too.

@illtone Yup! My girl is 4 months and has been drooling and putting everything in her mouth for about the last 6 weeks, we thought teething but according to the pediatrician that’s how they start exploring and experiencing things! So completely normal and yes the laundry is insane, I’ve started using bibs to cut down on outfit changes! These are my favorite ones!

Tommee Tippee Milk Feeding Bibs, Comfeefit, Super Soft and Extra Absorbent, Adjustable and Reversible, OEXO-TEX Approved Material, Pack of 2 https://a.co/d/26l5xPL

Back