2nd trimester and can’t sleep more than 3-4 hours

livingfaithpm

I (36F) recently entered my 2nd trimester and haven’t been able to sleep more than 3-4 hours at a time. I’m pregnant with my 3rd (and last) child and didn’t experience this with my other two.

My typical sleep schedule starts by me waking up around 8am, awake from 8-6pm, nap from 6-10pm then I’m usually awake until 2-3am (sometimes 4am). I’ve tried melatonin, sex, cutting out all stimulation (caffeine, tv, phone, etc), meditation, all to no avail. Luckily my parents are staying with us until next year but I have major mom guilt over my lethargy with my kids (7 and 5). Plus I feel this is starting to impact my mental health too, out of sheer exhaustion.

I have an appointment with my GP in 3 weeks but I feel I need relief now 😭. Any suggestions?

@livingfaithpm I would try to ditch the nap from 6-10. Push through until 8 and see how that goes - you might find that you'll sleep through the night a lot better. It will be hard to push through it at first because of how tired your feeling from your out of normal sleep schedule but it might come right once your body gets used to sleeping through

Back