Would u take a 7-10d holiday without your 2yo?

@perrero Imo he would do okay with grandma and SIL based on your replies, but I would likely take mine with.

While he may not mind and even enjoy his stay with grandma, I disagree about not remembering, I was in the US (half US half European) before I turned 2 and I still have memories from it, plus ofc the pictures and everyone else's stories to fill the stuff I don't remember.

Anyways, kids do remember and even if they don't cool stuff like this will make them proud/happy especially later on (since galapago island sea is pretty much equally cool as a small downtown lake for a toddler), but at the same time safety is a reasonable issue and the kid will do fine without you, so it all boils down on what you want to do.

@perrero My son will be 18months in September when my husband and I are flying to France for a 2 week holiday (live in NZ) and are not taking him. We don't want to take him but I am also very concerned as I've never been away for more than 24 hours. It's already booked so I'll have to deal with it.

@perrero Me and my husband took a week long honeymoon when our daughter was just over a year. It was not a big deal and she didn’t miss us at all.

My only concern for you is you say grandma lives in another country so, does he know grandma at all? Is he comfortable with her? I wouldn’t leave me kid for a week with someone they haven’t previously spent a lot of time with

@perrero I traveled with 2yo on 10 day trip and it was only tolerable because the family was there and we got a bit of our own time. Doing your own trip without 2yo sounds like a dream. DO IT.

@perrero Gooo! Enjoy it! It’s only for a week or so. He will not feel abandoned, just FaceTime with them he will be fine as long as he is ok wit grandma and well taken care of/you trust her. I know it can be scary because mothers in general feel separation anxiety… but if the kids are happy and healthy they’re fine and they won’t forget you xD . But be prepared when you come back for him to be a little bit more attached to grandma and don’t take it personally… it’s how their brain works, they gotta switch to the primary caretaker again (from what I heard). Whenever I leave my 2yo with my in-laws she is upset when they drop her back home haha (but we haven’t let her have sleepovers there yet, just spend the day and nap there)

Back