Win - Hiked 5 miles at 10k ft

mrdelicieux

I wanted to share something I am very proud of. I’m a FTM, 38yo, 20 weeks and my husband and I went to Colorado this weekend to get married. I honestly never thought id be able to get back into shape during pregnancy after being horribly fatigued and having atrophied during my entire first trimester. But I did start picking up strength training again and had been doing that 2x a week for a few weeks as soon as I got energy back and I think that helped prepare me for this weekend. I love the outdoors and so I couldn’t leave the mountains without spending some time connecting with nature. I picked a relatively easy loop compared to my normal pre-pregnancy adventures, and halfway through I realized it was about .7 miles longer than advertised. But I made it through and it was so worth it. I felt so strong and accomplished. Anyway, I thought I’d brag and also let y’all know that it may not seem like it but it’s possible to feel somewhat normal in your 2nd trimester!

@mrdelicieux Oh my goodness, I originally misread your post as 38wks and was sitting here thinking, this MUST be fake!

That said, 5mi at elevation while 20wks is DAMN impressive. Congrats and well done!

@mrdelicieux Good job and keep up the good work! I remember being proud for passing a couple on a hike who appeared to be in their mid-20's and not pregnant. It was uphill for quite some time too so I felt really accomplished. :D

@mrdelicieux This sounds awesome!!!! What a great feeling!

Thank you for sharing because you give me hope. I'm 9w4d and the fatigue has been UNREAL! It's debilitating!

Really hoping I can get back to some exercise and outdoor activities soon.

@quanle Hang in there. It felt like an eternity. I remember people telling me that it’ll go by so fast and to make sure I’m at least getting a couple 15 minute walks a day during that first trimester and I just wanted to stab their eyes out. I’m not sure how I still made it to and from work some days. I was like y’all lucky I’m even out of bed.

Back