@heavenstudent Thank you! I’m the same, intellectually I know it but emotionally I don’t believe it sometimes. 😣
That sounds great. Was it a gradual improvement for your son or a sudden shift?

@eric2015 I still am there sadly, my guy is 2.5 y. I might weaned in desperation a few months ago, he’s still waking at 4am everyday begging to nurse. And won’t sleep again. Doesn’t matter what time he goes to bed super early; super late, regular. Still up at 4 asking to nurse every 5 min. It’s torture. My husband does not help. Anyway I think I’m ok? I definitely look older and my word recall is garbage.

@eric2015 I asked my husband for help tonight at dinner and there was a blank stare…tonight my plan is to feed my toddler a banana because maybe he’s hungry? He’s a stubborn little dude. He loves nursing and night weaning was no small feat. Thankfully he’s a very cheerful fellow, so at least he’s happy if he misses some sleep. Me not so much

@beardedbloke That’s disappointing about your husband. I think when it comes to boob stuff they can feel a bit stuck as to how to help but the banana sounds like a great idea. I’m glad he’s happy in the day at least!

@eric2015 To give you some hope our LO started sleeping through the night at around 5-6 months. Tonight I sit here posting this while providing a 2:30am feeding lol but most nights he's out for 10-11 hours straight. It gets better just hang in there!

@mra22 Wow that’s amazing! I sort of doubt he’ll start in the next couple of weeks but it just shows it can happen anytime. How was his sleep before that? Was it a sudden or gradual change?

@eric2015 It felt like a sudden change when he started sleeping through each night, but looking back it was pretty gradual. He'd go from waking 3-4 times to 1-2 times and then 1 wake during the night. Then he just kind of stopped. It was probably over a couple months when the changes started to really take place, around the 4-6 month marks.

It's been really magical to watch him develop. I think we're just very lucky from what I read, but like you said, it can happen at any time.

@mra22 Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree you were lucky but I’m happy for you! Sometimes I think I read too many worst case scenarios on Reddit and it freaks me out.

Back