What's your wash routine? Also, anyone use Arm and Hammer Free and Clear Detergent or Shout spot spray with pocket diapers or inserts?

@dharmmy Agree with sarabara. I have never used anything for stains and have none. Caveat that baby girl is still ebf so things might change. I think spray n wash or whatever is a total waste of time. And, just a warning I have lbb from Amazon too and three months in and my LO is still much too small for them (she basically swims in anything labeled os). She was a premie but now is almost 11 pounds & 22 inches and she STILL doesn't fit them. I bought some bumgenius newborn AIO used that worked, a few new imagine AIOs, and some babyland pocket diapers from Amazon (6 for like $40) and they've fit really well, never leak (unless my husband puts them on wrong!), and keep her pretty dry for long stretches overnight. You can't beat them for the price.

@tylerngo Wow, I may have to buy some smaller diapers. She's not even 7 lb. and those diapers look so huge. I'll look at the ones you mentioned. Thanks!

@dharmmy I wash everything together. Pull out the inserts and throw the cover, inserts and any bags in the wash and go.
For prepping, just wash once and you're good, even the bamboo. It might continue to get a little more absorbant over time, but it isn't that significant that you should continue to wash a bunch. Even during the prep wash, just wash them all together.

I've heard mixed reviews on the arm and hammer free and clear. Check out the fluff love university detergent index for pointers on how much to use of that kind of detergent.

And don't flush the flushable liners. They're more of just disposable liners. Shake as much poo off into the toilet then toss the liner in the trash. They're really bad on plumbing since they don't dissolve easily.

@dlovingbrother I will definitely check out their detergent index. I glanced at it and it was so long... I didn't see a top recommended list, but it formatted oddly on my phone. Do they have a top list?

Good to know about the "flushable" liners. Thanks!

@dharmmy Ugh, yes, the format is terrible on mobile. I wish they had a filter to show only recommended or wherever the "best" rating is, but I don't think they do, just a mile long list to search through. I know foca, and tide are on the best list, but there are others. I feel like wisk is on there too, but I only had so/so results with it.

@dharmmy I hadn't heard of it either until I started using cloth and was on fluff love. It's in a bag on the bottom shelf everywhere I've seen it, and a big bag of it at Walmart is like $5.

I'm not sure why it cut out most of my post.

I just bought LBB pocket diapers from Amazon, which come with microfiber inserts, and I bought bamboo inserts. I also bought flushable liners.

I have Arm and Hammer Free detergent, plus Shout for our laundry. Will those work for her diapers?

I've heard different things about how many times to wash them for prepping and when in use, whether bamboo liners have to be washed separately every time or only during prepping, what you can use for spot removal (Shout?), etc. Do you wash the diaper pail liners with the diapers? By themselves? With inserts? I want to hear what you all do for pocket diapers. Thanks!