We’re finally sleeping through the night! (23mo)

@apphia Yes... Every 1-2 hours here, too. I'm sure when I get there everything will seem like a blur but when you are in the thick of it time just can't go any faster.

@apphia You got this! The time is going to pass almost too quickly! Is she teething? If not, I would consider some of the possums tips, especially capping daytime naps and trying to wake up earlier in the morning and at the same time every day.

@youcantsitwithus I feel like until all of her teeth come in, the answer to "is she teething?" Will always be "I dunno. Could be." She only just now got her 5th and 6th teeth so she has a lot to go. She fairly consistently gets up between 6 and 630. We haven't tried capping her naps since she moved to a single nap. I think our problem is that she eats nothing all day then drinks all her calories at night. She drinks 4-6 oz every time she wakes up. We're just not sure how to fix that when she just won't eat during the day. She always had a tough time with eating, and eating and sleeping are intimately tied together for her.

@apphia It's good that you kind of have an idea of what's going on. I agree with the teething thing, my son got his first at 4 months and just recently got some more. I'm like honestly kid how many teeth do you need??

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have been leaning on shakes to help my son get more calories in before bed. Fruit/spinach/milk/honey and milk/banana/peanut butter/honey/cinnamon. Worth a shot!

@youcantsitwithus Well done! And thanks for posting. #momgoals over there :). Typing this as I am nursing my little 6 month old to sleep for his nap. I am not going to give this up. He will have it as long as he wants it. And when he is ready to let you he can lead the way, juts like your child!

@youcantsitwithus Your Possums post was great! It helped me when I felt totally clueless about sleep and I’ve posted links to it to help others.

Thank you for such informative, well-written posts!

@youcantsitwithus How and when did you introduce the big kid bed? We have coslept since day one and don’t have a crib or bed or anything but I’m wondering when we should work on setting up a room for her and at least doing naps in there to start.

@omnitude Our thought was it’s better to have it and not use it than not have it. I figured it would be a low-pressure way to introduce it/get him excited about it. And we could use it for naps to start. I got him super cute sheets with cars on them and once I put the sheets on he was so excited. I believe he was 18mo and he was very into identifying items as his, so this was no different. Then it was like “where do you want to sleep tonight?” And of course he wanted his own bed right away. Now it’s a toss up where he wants to sleep, but I don’t mind. It’s nice to have an extra full sized bed in any case and I know it won’t be long before he only wants to sleep there.

@%C3%87ocukoloji For night weaning, I (mostly) followed Jay Gordon's method. It's very attachment parenting friendly: https://www.drjaygordon.com/blog-detail/sleep-changing-patterns-in-the-family-bed

From their site, Possums are "leaders in evidence-based support of breastfeeding, baby sleep and cry-fuss problems, and parent mood." Basically they take a scientific approach to baby sleep. I wrote a more detailed post about it and my experience here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AttachmentParenting/comments/hw0r0q/anyone\_else\_following\_the\_possums\_sleep\_approach/

@youcantsitwithus I just discovered the Possums program and read your post when I was Googling. Thanks for writing it! Possums has been a life changer, I was so stressed about messing up my baby’s sleep, and barely even enjoying the days. I’m glad it continued to work well for you, it gives me confidence in continuing this way.

@youcantsitwithus I’m reading this laying next to my 5mo and I really appreciate your positive perspective, and reminding me that it’ll get easier and we as a family will benefit. Way to go mama!

Back