Ultrasound clarity?

@allieso You will be fine girl, I was 340 5’6 with my first. We had great ultrasounds. They are pros at moving your stomach around in all kinds of weird ways to see your sweet baby. Don’t stress over it.

@drmoxy Thank you so much! This is my first, and it took us awhile to get here so I feel nervous about everything since I don’t know what to expect. Good to know about moving my stomach around haha!

@allieso Trust me I get it, I’m 34 and 18 weeks now. The baby is plenty visible in my ultrasounds now. It’s easy to get consumed in all of it. It’s a lot that’s getting thrown at you now that you never thought of, honestly just try and not think of the what ifs and just enjoy the good things. So many people tell you the negatives while you’re pregnant and there are those but there are so many good and sweet things, like baby kicks, a cute bump (they are all cute no matter what others might say) the bonding with your partner. Please just live in those moments while you have them.

@drmoxy I’m 33, and it’s taken us since I was 30 for this little peanut, so thank you for that reminder! ♥️ wishing you all the best, in all the little and big moments!

@allieso You will! It might not be immediate..and it might be! You won’t necessarily always get the picture perfect ones and that may just be due to baby being on their own terms and hiding their face. I’m personally (5’2 270) going to my 4th anatomy scan next week to (hopefully) get the last little bits they need - partly due to patient habitus (me), and my baby just likes to be snug down low. My drs have been pretty nice about it and haven’t made me feel any sort of way. But every pic I’ve received I can totally tell that’s my baby and I get so excited every time!

@allieso Hey, I have never had a vaginal ultrasound, only abdominal ultrasounds and I could see baby clearly as early as 6 weeks, my weight has never affected any of my scans.
I’m about 60lbs lighter than you though but I cannot imagine that extra 60lbs making such a difference

@allieso I have a lot of belly fat and I have never had an issue with them seeing the baby abdominally. Very early on they would sometimes do a TV ultrasound if they were having trouble finding the baby or something but with both pregnancies they ended up getting a better view abdominally because of the baby's position. And of course, the farther you are along, the easier it is to see the baby on the ultrasound.

I got perfectly clear ultrasound pictures to take home though, even during my early scans.

@allieso My first ultrasound was 7 weeks. I’m 270 and they did a non-vaginal scan and the pictures looked clear - tiny little bean lol. She did push petty hard on my pubic area, kinda where the belly meets the fupa? I also had a lot of water prior so that might have made things easier to see.