TW: M/C - period symptoms are finally back after 7 months

motherofsix

This is just for science.

I had a M/C in January using the Miso pill (very traumatic experience because I ended up in emergency because my gestational sac got stuck 🤦🏼‍♀️)...

Anyway, since then I haven't had any symptoms that my period was coming. Usually I would have sore boobs and light cramps a week prior. But the last 7 months NOTHING! I couldn't even tell if it's coming. But this cycle it's all back. I'm kind of happy about it and it won't drive me crazy thinking I'm pregnant.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

@motherofsix I had a MMC in January with Miso as well (I was about 7 weeks at the time).

I was told my period would come back in 4-6 weeks. When 10 weeks had passed with no period, I was given a referral to a fertility clinic.

Before my consultation with the fertility clinic, my period came back (12 weeks after MMC), but it is my understanding that the fertility clinic would have been able to prescribe something to jumpstart my period if it didn't come back on its own by then.

My periods immediately went back to normal following the first one (meaning back to how they were before the MMC).

@motherofsix This happened to me with my first miscarriage, however it wasn't quite 7 months. Mine took about 4 months to finally show symptoms.

But I can tell you I had never been so happy in my life to feel the cramping and the bloating.

I thought something was wrong with me. The doctors assured me it was okay but I just felt like something was wrong. 4 months later and I felt my first set of cramps.

@sheeray8 They always say that the pill wouldn't effect you, but I kind of can not 100% believe that. Clearly it has some sort of effect on the body. But yea I'm happy too that my symptoms are back. At least I got a q now.

@motherofsix I found after my miscarriage my period got a bit longer, the blood bright red. I wonder if there’s any connection to having a super cleaned out uterus? Like no dried up residue from last cycle that clogs up on the way out and gives you cramps? That is a super speculative and non sciencey answer, but I thought that’s also why the clinics say we could get pregnant faster, the clean uterus thing? Although that could just be to make us feel better after going to hell and back…

Back