TTC When Overweight

@magicalmoons It took us almost 3 years. I was probably 220-225 5’2 and ended up losing weight using Mounjaro. Lost maybe 30ish lbs. The month after I stopped using Mounjaro, we conceived. My doctors say it was the weight loss for me and I have read other articles saying that women on weight loss medication have been experiencing surprise pregnancies. Not saying that this should be something you for sure try but I was willing to try anything to conceive. I’d tried to eat healthier and exercise but it just wasn’t working for me. Also, everyone is different. I have skinner friends who also have been having trouble. So it could be so many different things. Good luck to you!

@magicalmoons So for me, I have PCOS and type 2 diabetes so I just major focused on my insulin resistance. So low carb, weight training and also supplements that helped with my metabolism. Coq10 for egg health specifically. I’m 270 and got pregnant on my 8th cycle trying after a MMC. Chemical. But got pregnant right after. I also had my OB let me do progesterone suppositories after I ovulated because my luteal phase was only maybe 10-11 days and I was worried that was playing a part in it. And like others mentioned, get your partner tested before you go down that rabbit hole because it’s an easy test and answer before you dive into your own reproductive health. Also also it can take a year for a normal and healthy couple! I do know how hard it is to not panic that something is wrong though. Keep focusing on your health and maybe just get your partner tested and go from there

@magicalmoons Took me 2 years to conceive my second. I worked on regulating my blood sugar by taking Inositol. But otherwise, I basically had to have a meltdown and give up worrying for it to end up working finally.

@magicalmoons I am plus size (126kg/278lb) and have PCOS with no regular cycle. We tried for 6 months with no luck and then I got a Mira for Christmas. Got pregnant on my first cycle tracking that way and I don’t know if it was luck or if Mira really is miraculous, but at the very least it was pretty cool finally knowing where I was in my cycle.

Back