TTC is a huge mindf**k!!!

@katrina2017 Right, but the point of subreddits is to seek support/contribute to discussions with people going through the same experience you are, which is why there are different ones to distinguish between those actively trying and those waiting to try, at least that's how I understood it. I support and cheer on those with infertility but I know I don't have a place to post in that subreddit (yet).

@parsonbrown The sub says “Trying for a Baby”. Which is exactly what I’m doing. Trying to have a baby.

I’m going through the same frustrations of ovulating, wanting a baby and it failing and having to watch my cycles pass; trying again and again and again. Hoping this cycle will be the one I conceive my baby.

Just because I’m not married doesn’t mean I’m not trying. I’m just not going to let any guy who calls me pretty get me pregnant. Women do IVF all by themselves and choose to be single moms every day. I only sleep with men who have their lives together and are opened to having a family too. :) otherwise I practice abstinence. Which to me is no different than IVF. I can support my child alone if need be and they will be happy. But I’m more into healthy coparenting than waiting years in hope a guy “picks me” and decides to settle especially with how common and messy divorce is.

I want my baby to have a loving mother and father. That doesn’t always have to translate into him being in love with me. Just respecting me, having love for me and caring about and loving our child.

So in conclusion I am absolutely actively trying to have a baby. It’s just a matter of finding the right man to do it with.

Back