Trust me, get a bidet attachment for your toilet

doran

FTM at 36 weeks right now, and while there’s many things I’ve found useful this pregnancy, the true g.o.a.t. has been my bidet.

Once that belly pops it’s difficult to twist around to wipe and you’ll save yourself frustration, embarrassment, and a potentially gross ass. It also helps with cleaning all that fun discharge.

If you get a gentle heated one it might help pp as well. Can’t verify, but it’s been a life-saver these past few months.

EDIT this is the one I have. They’re having a sale right now too so jump on it if you don’t have one!

@addelheid Do you use a peri bottle at first since it's more gentle then the bidet? We already have bidets so I'm wondering how much I'll use peri bottles once home.

@jg_lrd My bidet is only for the rear and it’s lowest setting would be too much for tender postpartum bits so I will definitely use the frida. I’ve got a tushy brand bidet

@travisr May I kindly suggest getting a larger peri bottle off Amazon? I have the frida, and one someone gifted me. The frida holds next to nothing. It's better to have too much water than not enough! The frida is handy to tuck in a purse and take out with you.

@jg_lrd There's no need for peri bottles. A bidet is so much better post partum. I can't believe that anyone wastes their time with them when you can just get a spray attachment for your toilet instead!

@jg_lrd I have a very cheap handheld bidet in the shower (it's excellent for washing dogs), and the nozzle can be adjusted to a really gentle aerated flow. If our current washlets are too harsh PP, I might temporarily swap in one of those.

@katrina2017 I have a random $30 Amazon off brand one and it’s the exact same as any of the fancier ones being advertised online. Unless you get a truly luxury bidet seat for $500 that plugs in and has heat, they’re all the same

Back