Training our 6 month old but what do we do when he turns himself sideways? (see pic in thread)

@henry_ Hahah looks like my daughter. She’ll start off on her back in the middle of the crib and when I next get her, it’s like an amusing guessing game where she ends up. Sometimes I can hear her knock something or another on bars but as long as she’s not screaming, I leave it

@henry_ Our son slammed the bars so frikin hard sometimes that it woke us in the other room. Checked on him and he was totally fine 9/10 times in the beginning. He still does it from time to time and sleeps right through. And he always ends up in different goofy positions.
Definitely lower the mattress all the way. Good luck.

@henry_ Kids sleep in the most ridiculous and uncomfortable looking positions. Totally normal. I will say that it looks like you still have the mattress in the infant position. It might be time to lower it down, to eliminate the risk of rolling out.

@henry_ Echoing what everyone else said… baby will figure it out eventually.

But! I find it helpful to put LO down in that position to start and as they roll and turn and settle, I’d say 8 out of 10 times they end up positioned the “correct” way. Worth a try!

@henry_ Mine did that! Eventually she figured out that the two parallel bruises on her forehead are not fun fashion statement and she stopped. She'll occasionally still give it a shot, but it she just cries a bit and then goes to sleep.

Back