Toyota Sienna vs. Chrysler Pacifica van?

sharramanala678

@sharramanala678 I have a Sienna and have not had trouble putting in rear facing car seats. The seats slide forward and back so that it’s easy to pull it forward to put baby in. Now we have one of the swiveling car seats though so it’s super easy.

@sharramanala678 I love my Pacifica so. Effin. Much. And the fold-down seats are the greatest car invention in the last 30 years. No lugging seats out, just fold them flat into the floor and you have a big open van. Insane! And all the buttons that close every single door from the front seat, and probably a hundred little features I’ve grown so dependent upon I don’t even think about them anymore. Standard heated steering wheel. I dunno can’t say enough good stuff about it!

@newuser777 I like the Pacifica but I’m trying to figure out what would justify the $12,000 more that it costs. We have two small sedans right now and a six month old, but we’re hoping to have another baby soon so we need something bigger

@newuser777 So I’m going to look at a Pacifica this week. Apparently the hybrid doesn’t allow for the stow and go seats in the middle row, but Toyota is marking up the sienna so much that the Pacifica would actually be cheaper. Only thing I’d lose is the 8th seat.

@sharramanala678 I completely missed that you said hybrid 🤦‍♀️ if it helps, I feel like the 8th seat would be kind of annoying to deal with, especially without the stow n go! 7 seats works great, even this week while my friend is visiting with her two littles in car seats (4 car seats fit about as comfortably as is possible!). I hope you end up liking it or that either way the decision is simple ❤️

@sharramanala678 I have a 2021 sienna and a 3.5 yo and a 6mo baby, both still rear facing. I have both middle row seats back as far as they go. I have no issues getting either of them into their seats!

If I had known about swivel seats , I probably would have gotten them! Especially for our big truck, that would help me load kids in. But right now we have a Chico bucket (and I am at the point where I’m usually putting the baby into the bucket in the can vs loading the bucket in the house and carrying out. I need to switch baby to the convertible seat). My toddler is in a Gracie extend to fit, he’s a tall kid and he climbs into the seat by himself. I really like the sliding seats because he can have the extend to fit tray out for a bit of extra leg room without the head of the seat pressing against the back of the driver seat.

I kinda rambled on a bit. We can’t do a full electric vehicle because we work&live in a very remote area part of the year (powered by propane generators) so the hybrid is perfect for us.

@johnseolinkbuilding I really wish there was a 7-seat fully electric besides a Tesla. We live in SoCal and rarely drive more than 10-15 miles at a time, but all of it is city driving. Thanks for the insight. We have a 6 month old and are hoping to have number two sometime next year

Back