Toyota Highlander w/ 3 Qs!

@ognerd This is not the answer you’re looking for but we traded our highlander for a minivan for this exact reason. When the 3rd row is up your trunk is absolutely useless it’s so small. And getting back there is super difficult with car seats in the second row.

We have a 2016 Honda odyssey ex-l that we got for $30k a year ago with about 55k miles on it. Not sure the going rate now. Anything in the 2012-2017 time frame is going to be the 4th generation so a little cheaper (2018 started the 5th). And if taken care of they can last like 200k+ miles. Trim level ex-l is middle of the pack for upgrades. We intentionally got the level without dvd player’s planning to use tablets for the kids. I think everything is moving to streaming to be honest but that’s a personal choice.

With 2 kids a minivan is nice, with 3 or more I don’t know how people do it without. Especially when the kids are all in car seats

@lucsch It’s not the worst answer, since we are military my husband generally gets good interest rates. I Kelly blue booked the trade in value and it seems like if a dealership really wants to get us into something they could give us around $20k for it. And we could possibly get something for around 28-32k if we chose conservatively. Definitely not as bad as I was envisioning.

@ognerd That’s awesome! I was very anti minivan pre kids but honestly we all love it now. You can’t beat the space, comfort, sliding doors etc. it will be a LONG time before we get something new. My husband even uses it to haul stuff from Home Depot

@ognerd If it makes you feel better, we thought the Highlander was our perfect kids car too and that the 3rd row would be so useful lol. There’s just a lot you don’t know till you’re in a situation, especially when it comes to kids

Back