Tips to make my wife’s life easier while I’m gone for a month??

annieannie

We’re 9 fricking weeks along and I’m super excited to become a dad. However, my job had other opinions and is sending me to a school for 1 month starting next week.

So I’m asking for some advice and tips my fellow dads! What are some things I can do now and while away to help ease the wife until I come back???

@annieannie Sounds exactly right! Its like trying to shoot flys! I tried to have a savory stash and a sweets stash and different juices but it wasn’t outside the norm for me to not have exactly what she wanted! We live about an hour from town so I tried my best to have what she may want on hand but there’s only so much you can do! Your effort will be appreciated even if not in the moment she’ll look back a realize you where thinking about her. Good luck and and enjoy the ride!

@annieannie My wife wasn't pregnant at the time but when I travelled for work I pre-cooked all her meals and froze them.

That works for us since we eat a lot of curries and stir fries which freeze well.

@annieannie Have you spoken with your manager about postponing the training? I would try to work something out if I had an employee talk to me about it.

@albin Unfortunately due to my work, this training is mandatory and can’t afford to miss. The next class is in FY24 and would put me significantly behind in my career

Back