Thrive Market

@hurtbygod My favorites so far are the Grain Free puffs from Serenity Kids and the yogurt/smoothie melts from Amara. They have a bunch of different flavors, sweet and savory. The Puffworks organic nut butter puffs are great too. These will all melt in their mouth, but on the side of caution I used to cut these all in halves or thirds when I started feeding them. Now I don't even bother lol

@hurtbygod FWIW, and only because of the sub we are on, my baby is 10 months and we do all fresh foods. We haven’t done many puffs/processed food except:

— one time a restaurant gave us some… we were unexpectedly at very fancy sushi and it saved us lol.

— freeze dried raspberries, strawberries, and mangoes for an activity for baby on the go

Even in these handful of instances, he really didn’t each much and it was mostly for fun

@dayssola We have only done fresh food so far too, we’re just going to Mexico in a few weeks so I’m brainstorming for snacks she can have that aren’t messy (like say, yogurt or orange slices)! Freeze dried fruit is smart. :)

@hurtbygod The Amara melts are great. They are a little bigger so if you have a brand new eater, you might feel more comfortable with Beech Nut or Once Upon a Farm melts (I’ve only seen the latter on Target.com) until they get the hang of those. My toddler loves all three.

We also like the Yumi puffs. Freeze dried fruit is good too. We used the freeze dried mango slices from Target (Good & Gather store brand) to teach our son to pick up food in a mess-free way

@nowforever I'm happy with my membership. I live in a major city and have access to a number of health food stores, and find the prices roughly equivalent to sometimes a little cheaper. Shipping is very fast. I buy a lot of alternative pastas (chickpea, lentil, heart of palm), Amara yogurt melts for the toddler, and lots of snacks for myself. They have a good selection of cooking things too, like marinades and salad dressings, with quality ingredients. Their paleo snack mixes are really good.

Back