Swaddles

@daphotoguy I recently bought these swaddles that I saw someone else recommend on this subreddit and I love them! They have flaps with self-stick material so it works like Velcro but doesn't make any sounds. My only complaint is that the flaps get easily covered in lint in the wash so you have to be careful about what you include in the same load. But it's $29.99 for 2 of them -- Swaddles

@daphotoguy I've had 2 kids who break out of swaddles but sleep terribly if they aren't swaddled (arms-up ones like Love to Dream didn't work).

The only swaddle that I swear by at this point is the Happiest Baby Sleepea Swaddle. Its basically two swaddle techniques in one - velcros them in and then zips around them.

@daphotoguy So it’s not exactly a swaddle, but once baby is 2mo you can use the Woolino sleep sacks (the caveat being they’d have their arms out, and that might be a bit of a transition).

They are expensive, but you can use them until they’re two years old. We bought two and just switched back and forth between them.

@daphotoguy We just got the burrito baby swaddle, and the Velcro on that thing is ePIC! The space he has for his legs/knees/hips is wonderful too!

We wore out the swaddle me swaddle Velcro, and LOs legs got too long for it anyway

But my SIL is having a baby in a few months & I’ll be gifting a burrito baby swaddle as a must have!

@daphotoguy The Ollie is expensive but it’s definitely worth it. It’s a much better Velcro material and keeps my escape artist snug. We also started with the halo but he was able to break out a couple times which made me nervous with the long blanket material sides

@daphotoguy I used love to dream, I bought them used on Facebook marketplace and Poshmark usually 2 for the price of 1 new.
I never liked Velcro the sound startles my baby so bad she cries
Weighted swaddles are not safe.

@daphotoguy We used the swaddle me and comfy cubs and swaddles for about a month, then tried the love to dream arms up swaddle. ZIGJOY on Amazon makes a swaddle similar to the love to dream for half the price!

Back