Suggestions for very firm twin mattress for floor bed?

anonymoususer

ISO very firm twin mattress to sidecar for my 10 month old. We have been cosleeping since birth, and we just need a bit more room since he’s become mobile. I plan on putting the twin pushed right up between the wall on one side and our queen bed on the other. It will be a few inches shorter so that it sort of gives him his own space, but I can still nurse to sleep.

Has anyone found one they like and that’s firm enough? I am considering this one from IKEA:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/agotnes-foam-mattress-firm-light-blue-80480878/

@anonymoususer I got the full size morgedal to cosleep with my first babe and it worked great. I went in to ikea to feel the differences and ended up picking that one. I’m looking to replace it with a twin and was planning on getting the same thing but I see they’ve gone up in price a lot 😬 some of the thinner ones I tried were also firm, but I was worried they wouldn’t last long being so thin. I don’t know how much longevity matters though since it’s so cheap and your babe is already 10 months old.

@naiduindia Hey I didn’t get it yet no! I can’t find anybody who has verified that they’ve actually used it haha, and it’s so cheap that I’m afraid it might be not great. Lemme know if you get it.

It’s fantastic, and working really well for us. It’s more comfortable for cosleeping than my mattress haha! The only negative is that I didn’t realize it had a memory foam layer on top until it arrived. This stressed me out at first because of the no memory foam for babies rule. However, the mattress is very firm even with the memory foam. Also my baby is over a year now, and I’ve observed him carefully on it and his face doesn’t sink in too far. Airway is always exposed. Not sure I’d be comfortable with it if he routinely slept face down though.

Back