Recommendations for places that sell affordable baby clothes with natural fibers/somewhat sustainable?

@kennethe62 So I did not register for any baby clothes because I had a ton of hand me downs from my sister and SIL. I actually only got a couple of outfits from my shower! Most people stuck to the registry.

@tomasjr That's great you got hand me downs! I don't know if I'll be getting any or not.

Thanks for sharing that people stuck to your registry! I hope that's our experience too!

@kennethe62 Yeah I hope so too! But to answer your question, Burt’s Bees clothes are great, especially if you have a long and lean baby. I also love Kate Quinn, Hanna Anderson and little sleepies.

Another way to be sustainable for clothes is to sell/donate the clothes to a consignment store or share hand me downs with another family.

@kennethe62 I highly recommend using a capsule wardrobe built around Kate Quinn panda pants and Gerber organic long sleeve onesies. Extremely affordable combo as panda pants last forever and you can get the Gerber organic onesies at places like Target. The onesies run small but just get a pack for every size they make, you'll use them all eventually.

@kennethe62 I’m pregnant with my first so no first hand experience, but the Hannah Andersson stuff I have is AMAZING seeming quality. Very thick and nice. I don’t think I’ve purchased anything full price from them — the benefit of buying before your baby is born is that you know you’ll eventually use/need all the sizes! I shop their sales/clearance a lot even though the sizes are more limited.

@kennethe62 Look on Mercari for all the brands mentioned. Buying secondhand is ideal for sustainability. My step MIL who is far crunchier than me buys everything on there.

@mcmcys Yes, I will for sure do that! This is for the registry where others will buy things, and it's hard to do that for secondhand listings because they are constantly being sold and new ones going up.

@kennethe62 I’d look into upcycling or people reselling clothes, it’s way more sustainable and eco friendly when you’re minimising the resource cost. There’s a couple social media pages that practice upcycling and a few good websites that sell them too. A good one is mnmbabyboutique.com they kind of explain what it is they do and why, but of course there’s always eBay and those larger platforms. I’ll add the link tho just in caseBaby Clothing

Back