Reassurance, please! Test progression question

renwei

As I cannot post pics here, here is a post I just made with picture references!

Prefacing this by saying I’m a very anxious person in general and experienced a CP two months ago hence the worry and seeking reassurance 🙃

On 11DPO I got the faintest of faint positives on a FRER. In fact it took 24 hours for it to really show up at all. Just so happened to recheck it by chance before I was about to throw it away.

Since then, I’d say I’ve had good progression? I got my dye stealer around 18DPO and a 3+ on the CB digital at 22DPO. You’ll find my progression here

I’ve even had a scan (due to some dull pain I was experiencing which was being caused by the corpus luteum) and I was measuring 5+3 which was a day ahead of what I thought I was.

So everything so far seems to be going okay.

What’s worrying me a little is how faint my positive was on 11DPO. And I’m worried this means late implantation which I’ve read isn’t a good thing (I need to get off Google lol)

Others have faint positives earlier at 9/10DPO that turn much darker at 11DPO than mine was which is what’s concerning in me.

So I’m feeling a little on edge. Would love to hear your thoughts? Anyone else had a similar situation and how did it work out?

Just looking for some reassurance during a super anxious time (when does it end 🙃)

@renwei Late implantation is implantation after 12dpo. You most likely implanted on 9dpo, hence the 11dpo positive. Your line progression looks great and if you had a scan that measured perfectly then i think you can take a breath and relax (and throw out your tests!!) congrats!

@renwei I would strongly suggest you going to get your hCG serum levels for better peace of mind. The urine tests are really only valid up to a certain point and their main purpose is to detect pregnancy (you're pregnant :) ) and so now the better metric to keep an eye on for progression are your hCG levels.

Congratulations!! And I'm also a very innately nervous and anxious person so I get it :D

@lukshard Thank you for your reply!

I’m in the UK and unfortunately HCG is not checked and monitored here routinely so it’s not something I can ask for. They’re only checked if there are concerns about the pregnancy. That then leaves us with nothing to do but put all our hope into watching tests progress!

@renwei I didn’t get my first faint positive until 11DPO and I’m currently 16 weeks with what appears to be a healthy baby! I don’t think I ever really even got a dye stealer with my tests which caused me a lot of worry.

I also read articles regarding later implantation meaning poor outcomes, but I don’t believe it’s definitive and depending on how you were tracking you can only be accurate to a point with which day you ovulated.

@renwei Even with as sensitive as they are, FRER tests won’t show a positive until 2-3 days after implantation, so a positive at 11 dpo means implantation was likely at 8-9 dpo. With my first, I didn’t get a positive until 12 dpo, and that was a perfectly healthy pregnancy (my doctor used the term “textbook” at nearly every check-up). The results on the tests you’ve taken since then should give you reassurance that your hcg levels look very good. Try to stop testing and stop googling, and try to wait until your next appointment. I know it’s so hard to do! With both of my pregnancies, I struggled with accepting everything was real and “okay” until I could feel baby move. It’s hard to wait it out, but no test or scan at this point will give you new information.

@renwei If you’re just using OPKs and no further methods such as BBT then it’s entirely possible you were 1-2 days off in your ovulation guess! I wouldn’t stress too much about it with your scan looking good so far.

@renwei It doesnt matter. Late implantation is linked to higher chances of miscarriage but everything is going well for you. I had a negative on 10dpo morning and a very faint positive that night. All is well.