Random question lol..

astuioroe

So I am 39weeks and have been 3cm for nearly 2 weeks at this point. This is my third, my partner could always feel my cervix during sex even before pregnancy. The last time before last night that we had sex which was three days ago even, he felt it then. But he said last night he couldn’t feel it anymore, now my weird ass question(s) is.. does it retract? lol could I have dilated more and he was up in there not feeling it? Would I feel that? Super weird I know, and maybe stupid 😂 but I find it strange he can’t and he was more rough than he’s been too, actually. I tried to google it which gives 0 answers so here I am lol not wanting to ask my dr, I’d rather ask here where no one knows who I am ahahah

@astuioroe What an interesting question! I don’t know the answer but I did learn something about cervix from googling this

During pregnancy, the cervix usually tilts behind the baby's head, or posteriorly, and remains higher in the vagina. Around week 37 or 38, the cervix should start to move forward, or anteriorly. If the cervix is still posterior after 38 weeks, labor is not likely to come immediately. A doctor or midwife can manually move the cervix anterior if it has begun to dilate. However, it's unnecessary to move the cervix to an anterior position to go into labor

Back