Pre-workout supplements?

mhbb2

Hi all! My daughter is 10 months and I just found out I was pregnant again. I had recently purchased Vital Performance pre-workout supplement, but I’m not certain it’s safe for pregnancy. (See ingredient list below) If anyone has taken it during pregnancy let me know!

Do you all have any recommended pre-workout powders or supplements? I’m looking for one with BCAAs,

@mhbb2 You should probably talk to your doctor about this. To my understanding there is not a clear recommendation for BCAA, some sources say it's fine and some do not recommend.

@mhbb2 One serving is the US recommendation for max daily caffeine. Also... Probably safe but supplements don't get tested by the FDA for adults so I'd be both worried about the "plant extracts"and whether they test for lead/arsenic etc. And you'll never get an answer as to whether an individual ingredient is "safe"for pregnant women.
I stopped drinking monster and pre workout during pregnancy but drink coffee and occasional crystal light type water flavoring before exercise

@mhbb2 Yes I’d ask your doctor, but just my own opinion, I’d skip them. It’s not worth the extra pump/energy when you can just drink a cup of coffee (200mg ish) and eat a banana for carbs or something beforehand.