Podcast Rec

@beaufordqrastus Which ones were they again ? I have been taking açaí supplements after I think his one of his podcasts. I was thinking of isalotol (sp?) but also likely we’re gonna start later this year and I wondered if it was too early to take those and if maybe I should wait for when we begin ? Was unclear about when to start those lol. What about you ?

@paradiseregained There were a few, the one that caught my eye is L-Carnitine. It’s supposed to improve egg health in women and improve sperm count and motility in men. He kind of made it sound like there’s no good reason not to take it but I’d need to take 3-4 supplement pills a day to meet the dosage that is required for true optimization and that’s what making me unsure about it, that seems like a lot!

@beaufordqrastus Hm will look more into this one !! The açaí supplement I thought why not. It’s mostly vitamin c and antioxidants, so it’s good for immunity. But apparently it also improves eggs. I also have been taking vitamin d for a while since Covid + I live in a cold place with long winters lol.

My moms a nurse though so im wary of too many herbal things. She always told me to be careful bc sometimes those things aren’t fda approved and it might not be that good for you. So should wanted to do a bit of research before I did anything with a strange name lol

@paradiseregained I listened to that one when it came out, but didn't like the guest.

She was all over the place and often failed to answer his questions, so it was hard to keep up. She did share some interesting facts but nothing ground-breaking.

@priest4him Definitely recommends stopping or drastically reducing. Anything that harms your overall health, as alcohol is known to, harms your fertility. For men specifically, he cited that moderate/high alcohol consumption was correlated with abnormal sperm morphology.

Back