Please recommend an easy to use stretchy wrap or similar for a newborn

emperorsolo

Hi!

My second baby is due in a few weeks. With my first son, we used a Moby wrap a lot around the house. I liked that it wasn’t very bulky so that I could do other tasks easily and it felt very snuggly. We used and loved our Ergo 360 when out and about and will use it this time as well.

However, there were some things that I didn’t like about the Moby. It took me a while to wrap it, even with practice, and I didn’t find getting baby in and out very easy. I think this will be even harder when juggling a toddler too. I’d like to find a stretchy wrap or a soft carrier that is ready to go already.

Ideally it would be:
- Easy to get a newborn in and out of.
- Easy to move around in when chasing a toddler. Obviously with all carriers you need to be somewhat concious of safety, but I don’t want something that requires one hand on it at all times.
- Not too bulky.
- Widely available in the UK to increase my chances of picking one up second hand.

There are sling libraries near me, but I’d like to go with some ideas in mind and start looking out for options on Vinted now.

What would you recommend?

Thanks for your help!

@emperorsolo Solly was amazing and super easy to put on! Used it constantly until my babe was maybe 3 months old? Then moved to the artipoppe!!! My baby was 6 lbs 2 oz at birth so a little guy, he’s now a big guy and just turned a year.

@emperorsolo Let me know if you have any questions. I think both of those companies also make easy videos of their website to help get the fit right and make it super easy!!

@emperorsolo If fit is right you won't have to have a hand in at all times, being able to be hands free is an indicator that the carry is safe. With a newborn you will have to still have a hand supporting their head for example if you're moving faster than walking or bending down.

@alexfrankone Thanks, that’s good to know! I’ve not had to keep a hand on with either of the carriers we’ve used but I had heard other people say that and wasn’t sure if it was a fit issue or the type of carrier.

@emperorsolo Go to a sling library without having anything in mind and be open to what they suggest. Seriously, having a set of hands that know what they're doing and can guide you towards something that will work for you is best. You might find something on vinted you think looks good and seems easy but doesn't fit you at all. And you might think "oh, this kind looks super complicated, I'll never figure it out" and reject it. But maybe the sling library has some magic and can tell you, specifically you, how to operate it and you'll fall in love with it instantly.

@emperorsolo I used a stretchy wrap all the time with my first and loved it but now with #2 it's such a pain to put on! I'm kind of surprised to be loving a ring sling with new baby. It's just so easy to pop them in, tighten and go. If you're interested in the style and especially because you have a sling library nearby you should try one out! It does put a lot of pressure on one shoulder after a bit but for me the ease of use is worth it.

@emperorsolo I’m going to try the Boba Bliss Hybrid. Didn’t like the stretch wrap with my first, mostly used a ring sling, but anm about the have twins so want one carrier another person can use without having a steep learning curve. Got it second hand for cheap as well. I think it or the ergo embrace may be what you are looking for.

Will say I LOVE my ring sling. after I learned to use it was able to do most activities in it. You might look for one second hand. Only thing is it does have a learning curve.