Please help me figure out this NT scan because I OB office can not. :(

sam68

So I originally had the scan scheduled for 11 weeks 2 days ( may be more like 11, 3 for me because baby is a day ahead on the 7 week and the 6 week scans I have had). Well I got a call this morning that I need to reschedule because I have to be between 11-13w6d. I tried explaining I was 11w2d, but she didn't care, said I was too early, and rescheduled for 12 w 3 d, which was fine with me. Well they just called back and said because of holidays keep your original date. Is it too early or am I ok, I don't know what to think.

@sam68 My guess would be that they won't actually know until they see the scan and how baby is measuring whether it is actually too early or not. They probably figure they'll get you in and if you're measuring ahead they can do the NT stuff, and if it is too early they'll get you back in another week or 2.

@bless Well, Ive already had 2 dating scans/previous miscarriage ( so they know that Im 7w 3 d today). My only two options are those days, because they are closing for holiday. I think Im just going to change it myself to the 7th and hope they don't change it any more ( they actually called back and asked to switch it to later in the day on the 30th, I ignored the call and let it go to voicemail), because what I have read myself is 11.5 or 11w2d at least. So I think I will be a close call at 11 w 2 days. I think the seventh which is a week and a day later will be best. :)

@sam68 My doctors office won't allow them to be scheduled before 12 weeks due to the high number of them that have to be redone if earlier, it may save you some time and worry if you schedule it a little later. :)

@sam68 I wouldn't worry. The NT scan is done between 11+0 and 13 + 6 wks. The office likely has a policy of scheduling people at 12 or 13 wks so as to be certain it's within the time frame. If they scan you as, say, 10 wks 6 days, at your appt, worst case they just re-schedule you.