Plan b

action

How many people got pregnant after taking plan b? I know what plan b is, but you can still get pregnant. If you can please answer I would appreciate it.

@action It should work then, if taken as directed. I would encourage you though to look into other forms of birth control (if you were just using condoms). There are many hormonal and non-hormonal options now and many longer-acting forms as well (e.g. arm implant, IUD). All of these options should be at no or very low cost under the ACA.

@action answer: lots of people.

Plan B is only really effective within the first 24 hours and it starts dropping efficacy up to five days after.

@action I took it within an hour of doing the deed. Turns out if you’re a woman who’s over 160 lbs you may need 2 so you don’t get pregnant. My son is turning 2 in June. Totally a surprise. Totally the best thing that’s ever happened to me.

@action Plan B is very effective as long as you take it within 24 hours (sounds like you did) and you are within the recommended weight range for it. If you're over that, it's less effective.

@action Plan b is also very reactive to weight. I believe the maximum weight person plan b is effective on is around 160 lbs so take that into consideration and check the proper weight yourself because I could be wrong

@action I checked and it’s 175 lbs. idk if that applies to you or not but keep it in mind. They make alternatives do people above that weight as well

@action If you weren’t ovulating your percentage of being pregnant is way lower to begin with, then the plan b will have lowered that even more.

Do a test in 2 weeks if you haven’t had a period just to be sure.

@action Whereabouts are you? In the states it’s a hit or miss.. Took it twice once it worked the second I was pregnant. My friend from Canada has taken it multiple times never an issue

Back