Ovulation after D&C

ceraphima

I had a D&C around 3 months ago at 12+5 weeks. Was traumatic enough for my body, after an earlier loss and another D&C 3 months prior. I didn’t have a period for 8 weeks after and had to take cytotec to start my period as it showed on a scan the blood accumulated and was ready to flow but uterus was closed shut, I can only assume my body hadn’t fully realised it’s no longer pregnant as no scar tissue or other matter was seen on scan.

I have slowly restarted sexual activity just recently, and avoiding pregnancy atm as I’m just not ready, not tracking anything actively either. But, I did notice higher libido and ewcm around CD11-12, some cramps, thought i must’ve ovulated then. But today, at CD22 I had a chunk of ewcm again and my partner finished in me last night, was unplanned but what happened happened. I didn’t think anything of it being so far into the cycle but this ewcm today freaked me out. Is there a chance this is a second ovulation? Any other ladies here had such strange cycles?
Could random ewcm happen and mean nothing?

I don’t want to take plan B and shock my body even more if I don’t have to, so I wanted to know if a pregnancy happened to anyone under similar circumstances to anyone here and consider my options.

Thanks in advance.

@jasonprice2 Thanks for replying. Was quite thick tbh, I find semen to be on the runnier side. This was like a good chunk of thick ewcm, it’s not always this good when I suppose I ovulate, hence it got me a bit concerned.

@ceraphima I just ovulated 3 weeks after my D&C, 1 week after my procedure to remove accumulated blood after D&C. I’m in the same boat. I never thought I’d ovulate this quickly

@jcguess78 It’s been ~3 months since my D&C :) but I get what you mean. I also ovulated 3 weeks exactly after my first D&C in November and ended up pregnant the 1st cycle after, so in Dec. I had another D&C for the 2nd pregnancy end of Feb and my first period only 3 weeks ago. I don’t think it’s early for me, quite the opposite haha but I do wonder if what I felt around CD11-12 was a failed attempt of my body to ovulate as I never had EWCM like this at this stage of cycle, so CD22. Hence I’m concerned if I actually ovulated successfully just yesterday and happened to have that unprotected sex at the same time. Hope that makes sense, I know it’s a bit too much info. Wanted to know if any other ladies had that happen to them and if I should be taking plan B asap.

@ceraphima If you really don’t want to get pregnant a plan B would be a good idea, but it might not work at this point. I thought about taking one too because I am terrified of another loss, but my dr told me yesterday it would be fine if we are okay with getting pregnant

@jcguess78 Thanks for your input and advice, really appreciate it. I have a clotting disorder so it’s either plan B to avoid the pregnancy or start taking aspirin in case I am. I’m not sure which one I am more psychologically prepared for. Wish there was a way to know now 😁 hope all goes super well for you this time ✨

@ceraphima I had my D&C at 8 weeks 4 months ago.
My first three cycles were disturbed and I have had terrible pain in my periods. I would suggest you yo see a doctor.

@maggy Thank you. I’ve been closely monitored by my doctor until I had my period and once after, and everything seems well so far. Just guess my body was shocked at the loss that was quite late and the 2 D&Cs in 4 months. I did have pain around 8 weeks after D&C and turned out the period blood couldn’t come out as the cervix wouldn’t open. I was given cytotec and it started the process, no further intervention was needed. I had no pain outside of that one incident. I am due my period sometime next week, so will see what happens.

Back