Outdoor toy for 6 month old

terrym5407

Hi! I have a 6 month old baby, and even if don't have a garden I want to buy something for her to play in our balcony (medium size one) in the coming months. it's ok if it's something that she will use in a couple of months. I am guessing playing with sand is a no go? Maybe something multipurpose that I can use with or without water? Does this exist?

@terrym5407 Why not just get her a shade spot that can be flexible enough for any imagination play as she grows. Then you can bring normal inside toys outside while she is out, and tote them back in at the end of outside play.

@terrym5407 We have a water table that folds up for easy storage. Little Tikes Easy Store Water Table. You could set it up without water or with very little water. I added some bath toys to it, too.

I also created a sensory bin — a plastic bin full of rice, beans, and other random stuff with an assortment of small cups and scoops. I buried little bears and dinosaurs in it. Keeps her busy for a while. For a younger kid you could use larger items…maybe some type of ball or the left over cardboard from toilet paper. Just things of different shapes and textures you have laying around the house.

@terrym5407 I got a very small inflatable pool and filled it with a bit of water, put some toys in there and splashed around. Otherwise I would put a blanket on the ground, bring toys outside and put a big umbrella up to shade from the sun.

@terrym5407 At this age, I used to get a big baking tray and fill it halfway with water. Then get various plastic cups, measuring spoons etc and put them in and around. Kept her entertained for ages! Or you could just buy a water table too if you want something permanently out there.

@terrym5407 A small water table - there are some that are about 24” wide or less, with removable tops. As she sits independently more regularly, she will enjoy watching you pour water through simple toys, or playing with it herself.

Back