One week down with twins and these are the most-used items

seventy

My b/g twins arrived a week ago at 38 weeks and I thought I’d share the items we’ve ended up using the most in our first week as parents:
  • Twin Z pillow (this is literally our #1 favorite thing right now. If I could only have one thing it would be this)
  • lots and lots of Dr. brown’s bottles (they are mostly formula fed)
  • swaddle blankets (but we went ahead and ordered Ollie blankets and can’t wait for them to arrive in the mail)
  • hatch light and sound machine
That’s pretty much it. I do wish we had more pacifiers, zip up newborn onesies, and newborn socks. Otherwise they don’t really need much.

Hope this list is insightful for twin-moms-to-be!

@seventy One of the things my friend told me when making my registry was to put several different pacifiers on there, mostly because you have no idea what baby will like what.

Thank you for making this list! It's very helpful!

@restored_one Same!! We tried so many. They liked the NICU pacifiers at first, but once they outgrew those we were tasked with finding another kind, and the tommy teepee ones were the only ones they would take. They both refuse soothers now tho at only 10 months (8 adjusted).

@oak1683 Ours both liked the Mam ones. Bonus: they make glow in the dark versions which are worth their weight in gold in the middle of the night when you’re stumbling around trying to quiet your babies.

@seventy At nearly a year, we're still using our twin z often, sometimes for bottles, but often just to play and lounge on! We used it constantly for a solid 5-6 months though.

I initially thought it was an exorbitant price for a pillow and got the Amazon knock off. Don't do it guys, it's a third of the size and not useful at all. The twin z is amazing and so so worth it.

@seventy If you don’t have it already check out Dr.Brown Formula Pitcher. You can get it for $10 and very helpful from having to make the bottles each feeding.