One month at home: Top 10 Baby Items

crystalriver1

I liked reading these posts when I was setting up our registry. It made me feel in control - HA. We live in a small house, and I tried to minimize baby stuff. After 1 month, here are the items we use every day, ymmv:
  1. Rock n play - Planned to use the Graco Travel Lite crib as a bassinet in our room, but baby likes the coziness of the RNP. Not truly safe sleep, but my OB used it for her kid.
  2. Boppy newborn lounger - For when your arms get tired. Baby loves lounging in this thing.
  3. Nursing bras - I have 5 clip down bras and 4 sleep bras. I need more.
  4. Reusable nursing pads. I have 2 sets of 8.
  5. Earth Mama Nipple butter
  6. Burp cloths and wash cloths - Need these nearby while nursing to wipe up leaks and spit up. I
  7. Velcro swaddles - Unless you’re really good at swaddling, these are the easiest to use.
  8. Skip Hop portable changing mat - We don’t have a changing table.
  9. Lillebaby carrier - tried the Baby k’tan and the Ergo, but this is my favorite. It’s the easiest to get baby into, doesn’t hurt my back like the k’tan, and doesn’t require an infant insert like the ergo.
  10. Haakaa pump - so convenient
Other daily necessities: diapers, wipes, zip footed sleepers (easiest to put on baby), a few bottles for Dad to feed pumped milk at night, cool mist humidifier for dry skin/congestion

Things we use less often, but really like having:
Nosefrida,
Thermometer.
Chicco Keyfit Zip - nice for winter car trips -
Chicco stroller caddy,
IKEA Poang chair in the nursery,
Activity gym/mat,
Babybjorn bouncer - don’t think baby cares about the brand 😂

@crystalriver1 It’s always amazing what one person uses and another doesn’t. We live in a very very small house too. I hate baby carrying so our Uppababy was godsend. I also love our changing table. Our list:
1. The pack and play. We never used it as a playpen but it was godsend during the first two months we all slept in the same room. It was also a great changing table. Now we use it when we travel.
2. Kickee swaddles. We double swaddled. None of the Velcro types were tight enough. The kickees are stretchy so they were great outside swaddles.
3. Bouncer. This was used constantly.
4. Uppababy Vista. We don’t have a car and there are brick sidewalks here so we needed a workhorse stroller.
5. ZIP and magnetic close footies. So good during the night.
6. Diaper genie. I know some people find this pointless but I get nauseous easily and this has been super helpful.
7. The butt thing by the nosefreida people. We swore we’d never use it until we listened to pained full of gas crying for a night. Gross but worked.
8. Eucerin over desiten—our baby almost never gets diaper rash but the eucerin works much better and doesn’t cost everything.

And to think we are going through this again in a few months :) at least we own most of the stuff.