Nursery glider chair

aniska

Anyone have a plus size friendly nursery glider chair they’d like the share? I am looking for something with a wider/deeper seat to be most comfortable.

@aniska I got a recliner. I did splurge on it as I wanted it to be a place where I could sleep and do storytimes later on with baby as well as a feeding spot. I have already slept during bad sleep nights, and I love it! It glides, it swivels, it reclines, and it has a phone charger. I found it at Nebraska Furniture Mart, which is an online as well as a brick and mortar. It's called the Simeon Collection Radius Power Swivel Glider Recliner in Natural Beauty Quartz

@bh1976 Just want to add to this one - this looks similar to the Rayna from Living Spaces that went viral on TikTok. It may work for others but just to throw in my experience as someone with extra wide hips, I really disliked the pillows because they would get stuck under my butt when I sat down if I didn't use my hands to move them - aka if I was holding a baby! And if you remove the pillows, it loses a lot of the arm support/comfort. I carry most of my weight in my bottom and my hip measurement is 61", so if you have similar measurements to me, definitely try to sit in this one before purchasing to make sure it will work for you!

@hearken777 This is the chair we got! We tested probably 50 different rockers/gliders, and it was by far the best. It was a bit of a splurge compared to others, but it was worth it to us.

@ponmolid It’s a really nice piece of furniture, and the seat is very wide and comfy, but so is the rest of it! It takes up so much more space than I realized

@szilvia Good to know, I'll triple check the dimensions and make sure it fits in our nursery. It's a small space but we're planning to devote a lot of it to a dedicated nursing/storytime area. 😊

@aniska I’m currently in the market for a nursery chair, too. The Pottery Barn Merced glider was at the top of my list. I found it super comfy. But I believe the weight limit is 300 lbs (I’m 280), and it didn’t feel like the sturdiest of chairs to begin with. I can’t justify the $1299 on something I’m unsure will hold up over several years of use.

Second on my list was a FlexSteel power recliner I found at a local furniture store. It was also around $1200, but a lot sturdier. But it’s missing the glider motion, which I enjoy.

I’ve taken a step back and am currently reviewing other options, after visiting four furniture stores. I just can’t justify spending $1200+ on something I’m not yet sure will be used. I may settle for a comfy rocking chair or get something secondhand from Facebook Marketplace.

@aniska We got this one from Living Spaces! It's super comfy and I have VERY wide hips (61" circumference last I checked). I like that it had a tall back to support my husband's neck, because he's 6'1" and not all of them do. Plus it has USB and power recline which was really important to me. And a great price - highly recommend!

@aniska I was a nanny and the people I worked for had the Babyletto Kiwi. It’s about $800 at Target. It was the comfiest chair I’ve ever sat in, and I spent a lot of time in it. It fully reclines, swivels, rocks slightly, doesn’t have any weird gaps for tiny limbs to get stuck in. It’s super cozy and had enough room for my 250 lb butt + a toddler. It also has a USB for charging. It held up surprisingly well to a chaotic toddler climbing it and drooling on it etc. Ever since then that’s been top of my list for my future nursery.

Back