Nuna trvl vs nuna trvl lx

Has anyone had a chance to try this? Or if you have the nuna trvl can you tell me why you like or don’t like it?

The lx is be w in the US. I’m torn between it and the nuna trvl regular as a lightweight car stroller to help me out as I’m pregnant and have a 14 month old.

I’ll have the nuna pipa car seat to use baby in it, but the nuna trvl doesn’t recline all the way, so I can’t lay baby in stroller from birth which is a major bummer because I don’t like leaving baby in car seat and I baby wear, but I have heavy babies it seems and I don’t want to have to baby wear or car seat, I want a third, bassinet option. I also like to use reclined strollers for diaper changes when out. I might get this recline feature in a double stroller, but it’d be cool if the light weight stroller reclined too because it’s also possible I won’t or that the double will be annoying and heavy to get out. The nuna trvl lx does recline so that’s the main selling point for me.

The thing I don’t like about the nuna trvl lx is it weighs three more pounds. That doesn’t seem like a lot, but I love the idea of it being super lightweight. It’s also like an inch or two taller which might be good because I have a very tall toddler so if that translates to seat height it could be useful.

The lx also has better, bigger wheels. I’ve never tried the regular trvl so I don’t really know how important this feature is. I usually only use a stroller on sidewalks and floors and assume that’s about all I’ll ever do.

Any insight into the recline feature, if you find infant is in car seat too much because they can’t go in stroller until 6 months, or if an extra three pounds would be a big deal? Or if you happen to have the trvl lx, how is it?

@hewhoshallnotbenamed Did you decide? I’m leaning towards LX since the size difference doesn’t bother me cause it not like the regular fits in airplane storage bin. I like that it reclines for immediate birth use. But I’m torn between that and the joolz aer+. I like the idea of not needing adaptor with my nuna car seat.

@bluesneakers Yeah I went with the regular and glad I did….it’s main purpose is a travel stroller for my first baby who is already one and idk if I’ll use it a lot with second, but either way I think the three pounds difference really matters to me. I love how light it is but even a little heavier would feel heavy. But my upper body is fairly week despite all my efforts to lift and get stronger.

@hewhoshallnotbenamed I’ve been reading up on this. I have a question. FTM here. Why don’t you like leaving baby in car seat? I’m trying to understand if I can get the trvl lx but with a graco car seat. I know the pipa attaches to the trvl but the trvl lx doesn’t need a car seat you can let baby lay flat in there.

@cla3114 I don’t like leaving baby in car seat because it’s not really good for them and their development and in longer than two hour increments it’s unsafe because of breathing restrictions. If I were you and I wanted the travel lx I’d definitely get the nuna pipa. Baby can lay flat (although I talked to the nuna rep and the sales lady at pottery barn and it sounds like it might not be fully flat, but flat enough because they do seem to be describing it that way….and I do love that feature of the lx, but if you’re making a very quick trip I think it’d be handy to just use the attachable car seat feature if the stroller.

What makes you want the lx more? I will say I went with the regular and I’m glad I did because honestly those extra couple pounds would have pushed it over the edge for me. I love how light it is.

@hewhoshallnotbenamed I personally have been eyeing the LX more because of the extended canopy, the bigger wheels for the smoother ride, and the shadow recline. I have an uppa baby minu V2 as my travel stroller and it’s great but I hate pulling the tabs to make it upright and it doesn’t go upright enough for my baby to be comfortable. The wheels are small so the ride is bumpy, but the canopy extends a lot and is really nice. It also has a pocket on the back I like a lot. The frame is also really sturdy and nice. But I love how Nuna is green guard certified and that means a lot to me if I’m going to have my baby sitting in something for long periods of time.

@lovefloats Yeah I love that too! Using the trvl as my car stroller I don’t mind the canopy or the ride or the less full recline, but if those are important to you and you don’t mind the extra weight, sounds like the lx is a good choice! Let me know how you like it if you get it! I’ve yet to get to see one in person!

@hewhoshallnotbenamed I’m back with an update, I got the LX and honestly it’s such a breeze for naps on the go. It takes bumps, cracks, and small potholes like a champ. It’s fast to deploy, and such a smooth ride. I love it. But if I had the first Trvl I wouldn’t be in a hurry to replace it, like you mentioned if the full recline isn’t important then it’s basically the same thing.

Also the mechanism for the recline is such a breeze. The extended canopy isn’t really helpful to be honest it has this little over hang that mainly blocks her view. It doesn’t do well keeping the rain off or sun off of most of her. Just her head and shoulders. So the extended canopy isn’t really that extended at all.

Back