Nuna Revv vs Cybex Sirona

ktb

Or just stick with the Rava.

So trying to decide what to do: currently have twins. In my car (Mazda CX5) we’ve been using the Bugaboo Turtle Air infant seats. Honestly I haven’t used them in awhile since the twins were 5m (they’re now 8.5m) and even then the twins are HEAVY and carrying two is just tough.

We got the Nuna Rava’s for my wife’s car and I like them a lot.

It’s time to get convertible seats for my car. I’m the SAHP and ideally when the twins are walking, and not constantly napping I do hope to get out more next spring, etc. I also do all doctor appointments, etc. I originally just thought I’d get the Ravas as well, but as we’ve been using them for a few months I feel like they’re tough to get the babies in/out of with the SUVs. I’ll admit I’ve knocked a head into the roof once or twice 🤦🏼‍♀️

I know people say eventually kids are getting themselves in/out but HOW in these seats? Maybe when they’re less reclined?

Twins are 18-20lbs already at 8.5m.

So now I’m looking at the rotating seats. Originally thought the Revv but then got an email for the Cybex is on sale for BF. It’s almost $200 less than the Revv. And we need 2 so that’s a savings 😅

But the reviews on one site seemed not so great on the Cybex. So curious - anyone have it and love it? i like the stabilizing bar, and the higher height/weight.

@dhebi Thank you. I’ve seen a lot of twin parents suggest the evenflo 360 resolve. I’m assuming that’s what you have?

@ktb I love the cybex sirona S.

We’ve used a rava and it makes me feel like a peasant. I hate getting our son in and out. Reclined or more upright.

The install for the sirona is a touch fiddly but once you do it once or twice, it’s easy to get a rock solid install. We have one for each car. Zero complaints. I like the load leg and sensor safe.

Our son is 28 months and just over 30lbs and he’s climbing in the seat by himself and getting out mostly independently. We’ve been using it since ~7 months and 20lbs.

@ktb I can’t comment on the cyber sirona because I have no experience with it but I have a revv in my Mazda cx5 for my 1.5 year old and absolutely love it. He fights getting in the car seat at times and I can’t imagine having to do it at a sideways angle. Rotating all the way, there are 4 or 5 brands that offer them now.

@mygaurdianangel15 We are expecting our first child and are obviously looking for all sorts of baby gear. We love the idea of Revv and it definitely seems to make life easier but we just can’t figure out for what age it would be best. We are imagining that for a newborn a removable car seat (e.g. Pipa) would be much better because if a newborn falls asleep on Revv you can’t just lift the car seat and take them home, you have to take the baby out which most likely would wake them up? Again this is our first child and we have no first hand experience but it does seem like Revv (or any “fixed” car seat for that matter) won’t be suitable for any baby that would wake up easily when touched/lifted

Back