Nj Maternity Ineligibility

lamdiengiat2

Hi,

I applied for Nj TDI for maternity leave in December 3rd. My due date wasn't until January 17th but I wanted to expedite the process because my family lives check to check to make our lives easier and not have to wait too long for the benefit to come in. January 2nd I officially went on leave and was told I'd have to certify my claim, all that was done and completed and I was told at that point I had to wait 6-7 weeks for benefits.

I called again another 2 times with the second being last week to see what exactly was going on and to get an update. I get told at thar point that the waiting list had been extended to 8-9 weeks despite what I had originally been told and there was still no update. I asked if there was anything I could do to expedite the process and was told that all paperwork was submitted and I just had to wait.

Today I checked my status and it said ineligible. I called Dept. of Labor for NJ and was then told that they were sending me something in the mail to fill out. From the point of filling it out until they make a decision is going to apparently take another 6-7 weeks.

So I'm on here to ask if this has happened to anyone before, what did you do? Were you able to get assistance elsewhere while waiting on them?

Thank you for any and all help!

@lamdiengiat2 I was ineligible for TDI because of my job. I was able to get family leave for newborn bonding but I had to call and have them close the TDI case because you can’t apply for both at the same time.

Back