New to BW, need some advice

slipknot0129

Ladies I am new to baby wearing, my ds2 is 15 wks old and I really would like to purchase a baby carrier for ease of getting out and about as I have a nearly 4 Yr old ds too.

My query is what carrier would you advise for a large chested lady, cup size g/h, clothing size 18UK. Having read a bit online, I was thinking of the Boba4G or Lillebaby??

@slipknot0129 I am about your size and I’ve worn a Boba. It took me a LOT of adjusting to get it comfortable and I had to put threads in the straps to show where my fit was so my husband could use it too. I eventually progressed to a BB-tai and Oscha baby wraps. Oh my goodness, they are way more comfortable and easier to get a comfortable fit every time.

If baby wraps seem scary then a mei tai or mei dai may be the perfect in-between step for you.

@slipknot0129 I wear the same size, though I'm not as busty, and the Lillebaby should work just fine. I have the chest straps pulled very snug, and there's quite a lot of extra strap length I have to roll up!

@slipknot0129 I have a Lillebaby and a sling and I love both of them. The Lillebaby is very adjustable and should fit you no problem. If you can find a swap group near you I’d maybe try out a couple of different brands and styles before making a big purchase. I have a Moby wrap but could never get the hang of it!

@slipknot0129 See if you have a local sling library! They'll have lots for you to try and expert advice. Are you in the UK? If so and you have no local sling library, try Its A Sling Thing who do postal hire and online advuce. You can find out what's best for you and baby before committing to a purchase.

@slipknot0129 Once my little was 15lbs and about 3-4 months I used the Lillebaby Allseasons and loved it. It was so easy to clip him into. Before that I used a boba but that's only good til 15lbs I believe.

@slipknot0129 Hey there, are you interested in a stretchy wrap or a more solid carrier? Diono Carus carrier would work well for you (use code carus4her to save 50 pounds on the website), or our sister brand We Made Me is very size inclusive if you are looking for a more stretchy-snuggly style wrap. Feel free to send a message or reply with any questions!!