New here, new mom

clary

Hello! I was sent here by a few people in /r/beyondthebump. This message is copy/pasted from there, so you don't have to re-read if you already have. :)

I had my little boy Tuesday, Nov. 29th, at 1:14 in the morning. Terrance Daniel was born 2 lbs 6 oz and was 12.6 inches long. I was only able to gestate to 27 weeks after PPROMing at 17 weeks (my membranes ruptured and my waters broke). I was without anmiotic fluid for 10 whole weeks, yet my son has no complications, outside of being premature!

I'm excited to have successfully graduated! I was so scared I wouldn't be able to, but we know for sure that Terrance is most likely coming home, probably closer to his due date in February. :D

So hello!

Baby tax! Right after he was born.

More recent! The chin strap and the CPAP combo makes his face look funny. :p

Last one, I promise.

@clary That is amazing that you made it so long. Good job momma! I hope the worst is behind you and that your little man thrives. Everyone in this sub knows the NICU is a rough place to be. I hope in a year you are as crazy busy as I am today chasing after a wild, active, happy little boy!

A side thought to my original. I know it will be hard, but don't allow yourself to put blame on yourself! Crappy things happen, sometimes pregnancy doesn't go according to plan, but it wasn't your fault! Your job now is to be the best mommy you can be, and part of that is getting beyond the blame game that most NICU mommies go through. Be strong!

I also recommend the book: The Littlest Peanut, available on Amazon. It is a baby milestone book for preemies. It was very comforting and it will be fun to go through when my son gets older.

Back