Need advice on finalizing my registry

2withjesus

Ok y’all I’m in the HOME STRETCH on my Babylist registry and need your advice on the last few items.

1) Best bedside bassinet with the ability to unzip or take the wall down for ease
  • We wanted the Halo but the wall required too much muscle to push down
2) Best affordable baby swing
  • My sister is pushing the Mamaroo but I don’t want to spend $200+ on a swing my baby may not like. I want something $100 or less
Thank you! After I’ve finalized these two items, my registry will be COMPLETE 🙌

@2withjesus We bought the Mamaroo on FB Marketplace or the local mom's buy/sell/trade group (can't remember) for $50. We used it for about 4mo, maybe 15min every couple of days. Some babies hate it though, so I wouldn't spend full price on it. We got a Bjorn bouncer which we used all the time

@2withjesus Yeah, it's similar to any resale site though, where you just have to be really diligent and ask for more pictures and details. I bought my Lillebaby carrier from there as well as a jujube diaper bag.

@2withjesus Also look out for your local buy-nothing group on fb! I was gifted tons of baby items for free by parents looking to get rid of their baby items. I’ve been doing the same with the items my baby has outgrown to give back the kindness

@martincy This! Also, not all babies (no babies I know, including my own), loved the mamaroo. We used Graco slim spaces,.which I got used, and was fine.

@maarten97 My SIL got us the Graco puppy swing and my baby used it begrudgingly maybe 5 times haha. It’s in our garage for baby number 2 but I have a feeling it will be gifted to another momma sooner rather than later.

@2withjesus We used the Arms Reach "Co Sleeper Clear Vue" bassinet. Can't recommend it enough. It provided REALLY easy access to LO (you can remove the wall so LO's basically a little bellow you), and the straps go under your mattress so it doesn't move one bit when you don't want it to.

As for a swing, check out one by Fisher Price. It's maybe $140 tops and it's neat. I'd suggest you not get it til after baby's born so that you're not stuck with something you can't return if LO hates it. We liked it but LO stopped enjoying it after three-four months.

ETA: The link for that bassinet. When I found it I couldn't believe it as it was everything we needed in one. Of course it's also on Amazon if you need it more quickly. Ok I'll shut up about it already :).

@ijusdontknowanymore We have the arms reach co sleeper too and love it! Also fisher price snug a puppy swing. Probably two of our most used items. Baby loves them. Highly recommend.

ETA: we borrowed the mamaroo from a friend and really glad we did because baby doesn’t really Care for it. She doesn’t hate it but doesn’t seem to really enjoy it either. Loves the fisher price swing soooo much more.

@2withjesus My coworker gave me her mamaroo and while my son didn’t hate it or anything, we pretty much never used it. I think a good bouncer is more useful 🤷🏼‍♀️ but out of everything we bought, I’m glad we didn’t buy the mamaroo.

@lost1998 Not OP but I love that this is mesh all around. I have scoured for one like this! A lot are mesh on the ends, or the bottom half (what the?!). Thank you!

Back