My fiancee's milk is in before mine! So happy! <3 (X-post from /r/BabyBumps)

@dolordrememberme Honestly she's not even producing enough to come down into the pump. Right now per the instructions of the lactation consultant, we're just starting her off 5 minutes at a time on each side ever 4 hours. She'll maybe get a few drops on the nipples, but everything is still filling in so we don't have her producing a lot yet. I just wanted to share the news because we have confirmation that it will at least work! Now we just need to continue working on it and have patience... I'm sure that having the little one here is going to bring it in pretty quick though.

@dreamwalker52 I have my c-section scheduled for this coming Monday, May 12th. We're starting her pumping a little early to at least get the stimulation and get her body used to the sensation (and we wanted to see if she was even producing anything yet)

@dreamwalker52 Oh LOL I wasn't really pumping to produce. Because it is new to her, I showed her on myself how the manual pump worked so she could see, but I maybe only used it for a few minutes (if it was even that long).

@eagle57 I tried to get my husband to take hormones so he could lactate; he refused. I still try to get him to take them, but my efforts are fruitless. You are one lucky lady.

@blueeasy LOL Yeah I don't recommend it, to be honest. My fiancee is only taking hormones because she is transgender (MtF) and honestly, it's not so much the hormones that's causing the lactation as it is the lactation inducer (domperidone). Taking hormones can be dangerous and can have some permanent effects, so yeah.. I don't recommend hubby taking them at all. As far as lactation induction, always ALWAYS talk to doctors first, because even though it's safe for us, doesn't mean that it would be safe for anyone. Domperidone is not recognized for use as a lactation inducer by the FDA in the US (unlike many MANY other countries), so we actually had to order it and have it shipped.