My colleague likes to comment on my pumping. He doesn’t know I’m going to be his boss starting in October

@luvgodforever Yikes!!! This is so inappropriate.

Being promoted to his boss is 100% the best revenge. But if the story wasn't going to end like that and this was ongoing, then my advice would have been:

Looks really thoughtful and concerned "Is everything OK, Thad? You seem to be noticing every movement and I just wanted to check in - is everything going OK with you? Are you feeling stimulated enough at work?"

@luvgodforever Omg so at my work there is only one male coworker and whenever I went to take my pumping break he’d say “I wish I had her schedule!” And it’s like dude everyone gets two breaks. Mine are a whopping 5 extra minutes.

@luvgodforever Sorry he seems to be doing this as some kind of get you in trouble thing. I worked with a guy that would always ask if I was heading home when I had my large pump carrying purse. He was just oblivious. 😆

@luvgodforever “Well, Thad, because organizations like this one and public policy is archaic and still dominated by the patriarchy, I have to pump my breast milk 3 times a day in a [insert adjectives to describe the office pumping room] room here instead of feeding my 4 month old infant directly.”

@luvgodforever Totally sounds like Microsoft (or at least a tech company of some sort)! Ugh! So glad I got out of that toxic environment! But, I am glad to hear it’s mostly working out for you. Congratulations on the re-org/promo! 👍🏻

Back